Though your Gmail e mail is safely saved on Google’s huge servers, it is all the time a good suggestion to have your personal backup.
The directions listed below are for Home windows, however the Linux model is just about similar. In the event you do use one other platform please test the hyperlinks on the backside of this text for additional directions. Gmail login
To get your backups happening Home windows comply with these steps:
Be aware: When you’ve got hidden your All Mail folder you need to unhide it earlier than you begin the backup.
1. Obtain Gmail-Backup. It is a free obtain nonetheless there may be an choice to make a donation as with all open supply applications. Do a Google seek for Gmail backup and it is the primary consequence. You must scroll down to search out the hyperlink for the.exe file for Home windows.
2. When the obtain is full, set up Gmail Backup by executing the downloaded file. Comply with the directions and maintain all default values.
The set up creates an icon for Gmail Backup on the desktop.
3.Double click on the icon to begin this system.
4.Specify your Gmail login and Gmail password.
5. For Server enter imap.gmail.com.
6. Choose your most popular backup folder and provides the backup file a reputation.
- The file is known as GmailBackup-YYYY-MM-DD.zip on function. This date format ensures that your backup information are listed in date order. So if you’re used to a special date format, do not change it right here. The.zip file extension tells Gmail Backup to avoid wasting the backup in a zipper file.
- We advocate that you simply create a brand new folder for the backup information.
- When you’ve got been utilizing Gmail for a whilst you might need to vary the date interval to backup all of your emails. The date interval can be utilized to hurry up subsequent backups by omitting emails which have been backed up already.
7. Click on Backup. In the event you see an error message saying can not entry IMAP folders it’s as a result of your All Mail folder is hidden. On this case you will want to unhide the folder earlier than you begin the backup.
8.While you see the message “Ending backup of account…”, the backup is full.
To revive your emails from a backup comply with these steps:
1. Begin Gmail Backup. Gmail Backup remembers your Gmail login and the title of the final backup file.
2. Enter your password. Confirm that the title of the backup file is appropriate.
3. Click on Restore.
You’ll get a message: “Finish of restoring account…” This implies the restore is full.
You possibly can carry out a backup from one Gmail account and restore to a different Gmail account. This may be helpful if you wish to check the restore perform or if you wish to transfer emails from one Gmail account to a different Gmail account.